This is Athens!
Athens Convention & Visitors Bureau
This is Athens
This is Athens – Convention & Visitors Bureau was launched in April 2008 as the official promotional agency for the City of Athens. It is housed at the Athens Development and Destination Management Agency, a public company working on behalf of all Athenians at the intersection of government and business.
This is Athens promotes the development of the Greek capital as a leading destination for city breaks and leisure tourism, as well as congresses, events, and business trips. It has developed an extensive network of professional members representing more than 100 of the largest tourism enterprises in Athens. It invests in partnerships that serve the local congress and meeting industry and provide support for local and international tourism professionals. In 2018, it was recognized as Europe’s Leading City Tourist Board at the World Travel Awards.
Powered by its network of local professionals, its mission is to extend the tourism season by increasing the number of visitors, congresses, and events booked during the autumn and winter months. It utilizes B2B marketing channels and initiatives to innovate and develop new opportunities for collaboration by identifying emerging trends. Work to amplify destination branding in order to extend the average stay per visitor while increasing the revenue earned from each trip.
It has supported major international conferences such as IFLA World Library and Information Congress (2019), MTJ Medical Travel Summit (2018), America Society of Travel Agents Destination Expo (2018), Travel Bloggers Exchange (2014). We organise the annual Travel Trade Athens, the signature B2B event linking Greek and international tourism professionals in Athens. Each year we represent Athens at major international tourism marketing events including IMEX, IBTM, ICCA, European Cities Marketing.
The core pillars of its work:
- Bid for conferences and events on behalf of the City of Athens.
- Create a central source of knowledge and know-how about B2B activities for professionals in Athens.
- Provide institutional support for conference and event organisers and organise site inspections.
- Provide marketing and communications services for the City of Athens through B2B channels, FAM trips, and by maintaining relationships with local and international press.
- Host roadshows and networking events that serve the international community of professionals.
- Organise Travel Trade Athens, the signature annual B2B event for tourism professionals.
- Members Programme, our network of over 100 major tourism companies.
- Ambassadors Programme, our network of academics and professionals from relevant industries and business associations who assist with attracting conferences (40 +members)
- Promote thematic strategies in collaboration with our network of local professionals to develop new tourism products such as yachting, religious tourism, and sport.